Continental potatoes are delicious and healthy. It is easy to prepare this dish.
4 medium sized potatoes, cut into large chunks
1/2 pckt fresh mushrooms, chopped
10 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tblsp butter
2 tblsp plain flour (maida)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup mixed vegetables of your choice (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup cheese
- Heat 1 tblsp butter in a pan and saute garlic, mixed vegetables and mushroom into it.
- Keep it aside.
- Now heat the remaining butter and put in the plain flour into it.
- Roast for two minutes but do not let the flour get burnt.
- Take off heat and let cool.
- Now stir in the milk and make a smooth paste of it.
- Put it back on heat and keep stirring till it boils and thickens.
- Now in an oven safe bowl, make a layer of the potatoes and then the vegetables.
- Now pour in the white sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and finally top with grated cheese.
- Put it in the oven and bake till the potatoes are tender.
- Serve the Continental potatoes hot.