Here is the recipe of palatable cream of mushroom soup. Indian mushroom (or kumbh as it is locally called) soup recipe is easy to make and rich too.
250 gmsmushroom (sliced)
1 onion (chopped)
3 glasses of water
2 cloves (crushed)
1 stick cinnamon (crushed)
4 tsp cornflour
1 cup milk
4 tsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a pan, fry onions.
- Add sliced mushrooms, water and spices tied in a bag.
- Cook till mushrooms are tender.
- Remove spices and put the liquid in blender. (keep a few mushrooms slices for garnishing)
- Mix milk with the soup and put it on the flame.
- When it starts boiling, add cornflour (mixed it starts boiling, and cornflour (mixed in 3/4 cup water).
- Add salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cream and sliced mushrooms