Dahi Vada Recipe
Here's a yummy dahi vada (bada) recipe. Learn how to make dahi bhalla.
1 cup split green gram lentil (dhuli moong ki dal)
1 cup split black gram lentil (dhuli urad ki dal)
1 kg fresh curd (dahi)
1 tsp roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
salt to taste
1 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
oil for frying
How to make Dahi Vada:
- Soak both the dals for 5-6 hours and then grind them to a fine paste.
- Mix dal and asafoetida in a container and beat nicely.
- Take a cup of water and put 1 tsp of dal in it. If it floats on the surface then its ready for making bade.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Now make rounds with the help of both the hands and fry them until they turn light brown.
- Dip them in water for 10-15 minutes and press with both the hands to retain extra water.
- Beat curd and dip all badas in it.
- At the serving time sprinkle salt, cumin seeds and red chilly powder along with green chutney and meethi chutney.
- Serve tasty dahi badas a little chilled.