Dal Makhani Recipe
Dal Makhani is made by cooking soaked gram and kidney with ginger, onion and tomato and frying it with cumin seeds and adding curd and cream. learn how to make Dal Makhani.
1 cup whole black gram
1 tbsp gram dal
1 tbsp kidney beans
4 green chillies
1/2 cup fresh cream
1/2 cup curds
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp ghee
Salt to taste
How to make Dal Makhani:
- Soak the gram dal and kidney beans for 5 hours.
- Chop the green chillies, ginger, onion and tomato.
- Pressure-cook the black gram, gram dal and kidney beans in 2 cups of water.
- Mash very well with a big spoon and boil again for 20 mins.
- Add the curds and cream to the cooked dal.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onion, chillies, ginger and cumin seeds for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato, turmeric powder and chilli powder. Fry again for 2 minutes.
- Add the dal and salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve the Dal Makhani hot.