Enjoy Indian Dal radish recipe with rice made by cooking radish with toovar dal. Learn how to make dal radish.
1 cup toovar dal (soaked in water for one hour)
1 large tomato
1 large onion
1 tblsp sambhar powder
1 tsp jaggery
2 tblsp finely grated coconut
a little mustard
2 sprigs of curry leaves
6 whole cashewnuts
2 tblsp oil
Salt to taste
How to make Indian Dal Radish:
- Wash, peel and cut radish in round pieces.
- Put mustard in a vok and when it splutters fry chopped onion till golden brown.
- Add curry leaves, chopped tomatoes. grated coconut and fry for a few minutes.
- Put sambhar masala and stir.
- Now, add toovar dal and radish pieces.
- Put salt and two cups of water and cook on low heat.
- When it is done serve with hot rice.