Dal curry is both nutritious and tasty having ingredients like moong dal, potatoes, onion garnished with mustard and cumin seeds. Learn how to make dal curry recipe for rice.
1 sliced onion
1 chopped tomato
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 cup moong dhal
2 medium size potato
Salt to taste
a pinch of turmeric powder
3 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp cumin seeds
How to make Dal Curry:
- Boil the potatoes, peel and smash it.
- Cook the moong dal and blend it. Set aside.
- In a skillet heat oil, add mustard when it crackles add cumin seeds.
- Add onion, tomato stir and cook till onions are golden.
- Add boiled moong dhal and smashed potatoes followed by salt, turmeric powder and garam masala.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add some water and keep boiling for 3 minutes.