Doodh Pak Recipe
Relish the taste of egg, vanilla and almonds in doodh pak. Learn how to make doodh pak.
1 litre milk
2 large egg
125 gms sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
25 gms blanched and chopped almonds
25 gms blanched and chopped pistachios
1 tin evaporated milk (optional)
1 tsp cardamom and nutmeg powder
How to make Doodh Pak:
- Boil the milk and sugar till creamy consistency.
- Let it cool. Alternatively keep a little of the cold milk aside to mix into the beaten eggs and then add into the hot milk, off the fire.
- Separate the eggs and beat, then fold together.
- Mix this into the cooled milk and on a low fire keep stirring gently till the doodhpak comes to the boil.
- If the egg forms lumps in the milk. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Add in the cardamom and nutmeg.
- Add vanilla essence and pour into a dish.
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds and pistachios and refrigerate.
- Serve with hot puris.