Learn how to make easter egg cake.
250 gms butter
250 gms powdered sugar
5 (250gms) eggs
200 gms sieved flour
25 gms rawa
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla essence
For The Fondant
1 kg sieved icing sugar
1/4 cup (60 ml) water
1 tbs (15 g) gelatine
1/2 cup (120 ml.) liquid glucose
1 tbs (15 ml) glycerine
cornflour as required for kneading
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add well beaten egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites till they stand in peaks and add to the butter-sugar mixture.
- Then fold in flour, rawa and one tsp. vanilla essence.
- Pour into a greased egg shaped cake mould and bake in a moderately hot oven till done.
- When cool, cover with fondant and decorate as desired.
- For The Fondant
- Put the water into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatine over.
- Cook over low heat, stirring till the gelatine dissolves. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the glucose and glycerine. Stir till the glucose dissolves.
- When cool, make a well in the centre of the icing sugar and gradually pour in three fourths of the liquid and mix to a firm dough.
- If the fondant is too dry, add a little of the remaining liquid.
- If too wet, add more icing sugar.
- Turn fondant on to a clean work surface, dust with a little cornflour and knead until smooth.
- Cover with a plastic wrap until ready to use.