Rice Idli Recipe
Learn how to make soft rice idli. Here is the recipe for how to make rice idli batter.
1 cup plain rice
1 cup urad dhal
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
2 tblsp ghee
1 cup parboiled rice
a bit dried ginger (adrak)
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 1/2 tsp salt
some curry leaves
2 tblsp sesame oil (gingelly oil)
1/2 cup sour curd
How to make Rice Idli:
- Soak the rice and dhal in water for at least 8 hours.
- Then wash well. To make the idli batter grind both of them together into a slightly coarse paste without adding too much water.
- Mix the salt and asafoetida to this and keep in a warm place for 10 - 12 hours.
- Then add the sour curd, coarsely powdered pepper and cumin seeds, dried ginger, curry leaves, ghee and gingelly oil and mix well.
- Keep aside for about an hour.
- Add some water if the batter is too thick.
- Make it in the consistency of Idli batter.
- Steam this in greased idli pans for 10 - 15 minutes (or until a spoon or tooth-pick inserted, comes out clean).