Use red chillies, coconut milk, milk, yogurt and hard boiled eggs to make this exotic salad. Learn how to make it in the best way.
1 cup milk
2 fresh red chillies
1 tsp ginger
2 garlic cloves
2 green cardamom
3 tbsp coconut milk
Salt and pepper (freshly ground) to taste
1 cup yogurt
? cup mint leaves
? cup green coriander leaves
8-10 leaves lettuce
- Hard-boil and quarter the eggs.
- Chop the red chillies, ginger, green coriander and garlic.
- Strain the yogurt.
- Peel and dice the cucumber.
- Heat milk in a pan. Add red chillies, ginger, garlic and green cardamom along with a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Leave to simmer, stirring very gently and occasionally, until reduced to half.
- Remove from heat, strain the milk and put aside to cool.
- Mix in coconut milk, salt, pepper, yogurt and green coriander.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a flat plate, scatter half of the mint leaves over them. Place egg quarters and cucumber over the mint leaves.
- Spoon dressing over the eggs and cucumber, garnish with remaining mint.
- Put aside to chill for a while, before serving.