Fish Kofta Curry Recipe
Find out how to make fish kofta curry. The recipe is simple to make but mouth watering.
1 kg white fish filets
3 medium onions
1 bay leaf
2 green chillies, chopped and seeds removed
1/4 cup chopped coriander or parsley
2 tblsp fresh breakcrumbs
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
250 gms tomatoes, chopped
1 1/4 cups (310ml) water
How to make Fish Kofta Curry:
- Combine fish in a frying pan with a little water, half a chopped onion and the bay leaf. Simmer until tender. Cook, remove fish, strain and reserve liquid.
- Mash the fish filets in a bowl, add green chillies, coriander, egg and breadcrumbs. Shape tblsp of mixture into balls.
- Melt half the ghee in a frying pan. Add fish kofta balls, fry over medium heat until cooked, drain.
- Chop 1 1/2 onions and combine in a blender or food processor with garlic, coriander, cumin, turmeric, chilli and ginger. Blend to a paste.
- Slice remaining onion. Melt remaining ghee in a frying pan, sauté onion and spice paste until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, cook covered until tomatoes are pulpy.
- Add the reserved liquid from the fish and 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) water. Bring to the boil, add the fish balls and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.