Learn how to make delicious and mouth watering gobi masala. Gobhi masala is a part of the main course in North Indian Menu. Here is the gobi masala recipe.
1 large Cauliflower, cut into florets
Oil for deep frying
2 green chilies
8-9 cloves of garlic
1 inch piece of ginger
2 tomatoes made into a puree
1 tsp red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
1 tsp coriander powder (dhania powder)
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp kasoori methi
Salt to taste.
How to make Gobi Masala:
- First deep fry the washed cauliflower flowerets and keep aside.
- Now heat 2 tblsp oil in a wok.
- Make a paste of onions, green chilies, ginger and garlic and put it in the wok.
- Saute till it changes color and add the tomato puree to it.
- Now add all the spices, salt and kasoori methi and saute till oil separates.
- You can now add the flowerets, a cup of water and mix well.
- Cook till the desired consistency is reached. You can make gobi masala completely dry or with some gravy.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve with rotis.