Learn how to make gujiyas by filling khoya mixture into the circles made of maida dough and frying them.
4 standard cups maida
1/4 cup melted ghee/refined oil
water to mix the dough
For Filling :
1/2 kg khoya/mava
50 gm kismis
50 gm broken kajus
100 gm desiccated coconut (optional)
7 or 8 green cardamoms (ilaichi)
250 gm sugar
- In a pan without adding oil, roast the khoya at low heat.
- Add sugar when it starts to change colour and stir for some time.
- When the colour changes to golden colour add other ingredients.
- Take off the fire and let it cool.
- Divide the dough into 25 to 30 balls.
- Roll each ball in to a thin and even circle.
- Now put the khoya mixture in the center of this circle.
- Apply little water with one finger on the edge and fold it into half.
- Press the edges so that the case does not open.
- Now to give it a shell like shape pinch the edges.
- Make all the gujiyaas like this and keep then aside with a damp cover.
- Heat one liter oil in a wok.
- Fry the gujiyas on low heat till they turn golden colour.
- Store them into an air tight container.