This is a fusion recipe which combines the traditional gulab jamun with coconut rabri. Amazing combination which is worth trying.
1-12 gulab jamuns pieces cutted into halves
For The Coconut Rabri
2 litre milk
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup mawa
1/2 tsp elaichi powder
1/2 cup cream
1 gm saffron( optional)
2 tbsp mixed dry fruits chopped
1/4 cup tender coconut shredded
2-3 tbsp rose syrup.
- Cut the jamuns into halves and keep aside.
- For rabri, combine together the milk, condensed milk, sugar, cream,mawa together and simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Add in elaichi powder for flavouring.
- Cool once it is thick and mix in shredded tender coconut and chilli.
- To serve, in a plate create a bed of rabri and place jamuns on top, garnish with nuts and saffron, rose syrup, served chilled.