Gulab Jamun Recipe
Here is a recipe for making soft and delicious gulab jamun with khoya. Gulab Jamun is sweet ball made of khoya and then deep fried and served in sugar syrup.
75 gms Mawa or khoya
75 gms sugar
a pinch cardamoms (crushed)
10 gms arrowroot
35 ml water
a few drops rose water
a small pinch sodium bicarbonate
fat to fry
How to make Gulab Jamun:
- Dissolve sodium bicarbonate in cold water.
- Prepare a syrup of sugar and water to one-string consistency and add rose water.
- Add mawa, crushed cardamoms, arrowroot and soda bicarb dissolved in water. Make a dough without kneading.
- Divide the dough into small balls and deep-fry them on a slow fire till they turn light brown, stirring the fat quite often.
- Remove from fire and leave it to cool and then put it into the sugar syrup.