Learn how to quickly make brinjal or baigna dish with flavor of mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and chilli powder.
5 small eggplant (brinjal)
1 tblsp mustard seeds
1 tblsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp tamarind paste
2 tblsp chilli powder
a bunch of curry leaves
oil for frying
salt to taste
a pinch of asafoiteida
- In a non stick skillet without oil fry mustard, fenugreek (methi) until it splutters.
- Make dry powder of it and keep aside.
- Cut the eggplant in such a way that it is open both horizontally and vertically till half.
- In a non stick skillet heat oil add mustard, curry leaves, eggplant (brinjal) fry it in the oil till it becomes tender.
- Add the mustard methi powder, chilli powder, salt and tamarind paste.
- Keep boiling in medium flame till the brinjal gets cooked.
- Serve it with plain rice.