Jalebis are relished by one and all and are part of any occasion or festival in northern India. Learn how to make jalebi. Jalebi is refined flour fried in oil and then placed in sugar syrup.
100 gms refined flour
20 gms bengal gram flour
20 gms curd
20 gms oil
200 gms sugar
a few drops rose essence
Fat to fry
- Make a thick batter of all the ingredients (except sugar and oil) with water. Keep it aside for 24 hours.
- Prepare a sugar syrup of one string consistency.
- Heat oil. Pour the batter through a cloth bag with one hole and make round patterns.
- Fry till they turn crisp and put them into the cold sugar syrup.
- Remove from the syrup and arrange in plates and serve.