Find out how to make jhinga masala with prawns, spices and curry leaves. Indian prawn masala is delectable and flavorsome.
1/2 kg prawns, shelled and deviened
2 large onions, finely sliced
3 ripe tomatoes, pureed
1 stem curry leaves
1 tblsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 cup water
- Heat oil in a wok and add the curry leaves
- Now add the ginger garlic paste .
- After two minutes add the onions and saute till they are pink in color
- Now add the tomato puree and all the spices.
- Saute till the oil gets separated.
- Now add some water and let boil
- Add the prawns now and cook covered till done
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander