Kadhi mushroom is a famous recipe and is made by adding beaten curd to chopped mushrooms that are sauted with garlic and whole spices. Indeed a mouth watering recipe.
1/2 pkt fresh mushrooms
7-8 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 medium sized stick of cinnamon (dalchini)
5 cloves (laung)
2 whole black cardamoms (bari ilaichi)
3-4 whole red chilies (sabut lal mirch)
10 pepper corns (sabut kali mirch)
1 cup sour curd
1/2 cup Bengal gram flour (besan)
2 tblsp oil
1 tsp red chili powder (lal mirch )
1 tsp coriander powder (dhania powder)
1 tsp garam masala powder
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom vessel and add the garlic and the whole spices into it.
- Once they start spluttering, add the chopped mushrooms into the pan and saute.
- In a large bowl, beat the curd well and smoothen it up.
- Mix four times the water and then mix in the besan.
- Beat well and see to it that there are no lumps.
- Now add the salt and all the ground spices to it.
- You should now put this mixture slowly into the pan by stirring it constantly.
- Keep stirring till the time it starts boiling and then leave it on low flame till it takes a thick consistency (app. for 20 minutes)
- Mushroom kadhi is ready to be served hot with steaming rice