Learn how to make kamal kakdi seekh. Lotus stem seekh are easy to make.
250 gms Kamal kakdi (Lotus Stem)
150 g Chana dal
10 g Ginger (adrak)
10 g Garlic (lahsun)
20 g Pistachio (pista)
5 g Red chilli powder (lal mirch)
1 bay leaf
Salt for taste
Garam masala as per taste
- Peel and chop the garlic and ginger finely.
- Peel and wash the kamal kakdi stems and chop them into thin slices.
- Boil the pistachio slightly and then keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil and saute chopped ginger and garlic.
- When slightly pink add kamal kakdi and chana dal.
- Stir fry for some time.
- Now add enough water and let the dal and lotus stems cook properly.
- When done add the pistachio and red chillies.
- When the water dries switch off the stove and let it cool.
- Pass this mixer through a mixer and add salt and garam masala.
- Now take a skewer and put the mixture on the skewers and put in the tandoor.
- Dab some oil from time to time and keep moving till done.
- When completely cooked take off and serve with green chutney.