Learn how to make saunf and hing wale kashmiri baigan. These kashmiri baigan or brinjals can be made effortlessly for any meal.
3 big baingan (brinjal) , cut into slices
2 cup curd
1 tblsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1/2 tsp asafetida powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp dry ginger powder (sonth)
5 green cardamom pods
4 tblsp oil
salt to taste
finely chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- shallow fry the baigan slices in 2 tblsp oil and keep aside
- heat the remaining 2 tblsp of oil in a wok and put in the asafetida and cardamoms.
- mix salt and other ground spices in curd together and beat well to smoothen it up.
- in the spluttering cardamoms, add this curd and keep stirring for about five minutes.
- now add the baingan and cook for another two minutes so that they absorb the flavor.
- garnish with coriander and serve.