Kesar phirni is also called saffron flavoured rice and milk dessert. It is made during festivals and holy occasions. Discover how to make kesar phirni.
Milk – 500 ml
Sugar – 50 gms
Rice flour – 75 gms
Saffron – Few sticks
Elaichi – 6-8 (powdered)
Pista/ Badam – 50 gms
- Boil the milk and reduce it till almost half the quantity.
- Add the rice flour mix well, and see to it that no lumps are formed. Cook it properly.
- Add the sugar and stir well till fully dissolved, cook further.
- Dissolve the saffron into little warm milk and the add to the above mixture.
- Pour the phirni into individual bowls or earthenware sakoras.
- Garnish on top with copped pistas and almonds.
- Keep it to cool in fridge, it will set in some time.
- The phirni should look yellowish in colour, creamier in taste and slightly grainy in texture, serve cool.