Khasta Kachori Recipe
Here's a delicious, mouth watering snack that can be served to your guests at festival time. Learn how to make Khasta Kachori.
2 cup refined flour (maida)
1/2 cup semolina (sooji)
1/2 cup clarified butter (ghee)
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup black gram (urad dal) (soaked)
1 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
3 tsp coriander powder
3 tsp aniseed (saunf)
1/4 tsp baking powder
oil for frying
How to make Khasta Kachori:
- Mix maida,sooji,salt and ghee. Knead into a soft dough using luke warm water.
- Cover the dough with wet cloth for 1/2 an hour.
- Grind soaked dal into a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and put dal paste in it. Along with mirch,saunf,dhania powder and cook properly for 5 minutes.
- Let it cool. When cooled, add salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Now knead maida flour 2-3 times and make small balls of it.
- Stuff these balls with dal mixture and again give them a shape of kachori.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry all kachoris until golden brown.
- Fry them at low flame so that they become crispy.
- Serve them hot with some chutney or sauce.