Lemon cabbage sabji is a tangy recipe. The cabbage is cooked with sugar and lemon juice. Know how to make lemon cabbage sabji.
1 cup cabbage (patta gobhi), finely chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice (nimbu ka rus)
1 tsp sugar (cheeni)
3 green chilies (hari mirch), slit and chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves (hara dhania)
Salt to taste (namak)
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
Ghee (clarified butter) for frying
- In a wok heat the oil and add mustard seeds (rai).
- When the seeds begin to sputter add the chopped cabbage, salt and turmeric.
- Let the cabbage cook for 3 -4 minutes.
- Now add the sugar and mix well.
- Take the wok off the flame and add chopped coriander and lemon juice.
- Lemony patta gobhi sabji is ready.