Here is a recipe of lettuce roll salad which is good for calorie conscious. It is very nutritious and easy to make.
4 broad lettuce leaves
1 (125 g) cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
For the filling:
1 (50 g) carrot, boiled and minced
1/2 cup(100g)green peas, boiled
1 small (50 g) tomato, chopped fine
1 small (30 g) onion, chopped fine
1 small (30 g) potato, boiled, peeled and cubed fine
1/2 cup (120 ml) saffron salad dressing
2 tbs (30 g) chopped dates
- Mix all ingredients for the filling.
- Divide into four portions.
- Place one portion on a lettuce leaf, roll it up breathwise.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Likewise prepare the remaining rolls.
- Arrange the cucumber slices at the base of a salad bowl.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, salt and pepper over them.
- Place the prepared lettuce rolls over the cucumber slices.
- Garnish with chopped dates.
- Serve chilled.