Find out how to make lotus stem in white gravy.
500 gm lotus stem (kamal kakdi)
500 gm yoghurt (dahi)
100 gm ghee
25 gm dry ginger powder (saunth)
25 gm green cardamom powder
50 gm fennel powder (saunf)
2 gm bay leaves (tej patta)
5 gm asafetida (hing)
salt to taste
- Chop the lotus stems into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Whip the yoghurt in a bowl.
- In a pan boil 1 litre of water and boil lotus stems for 10 minutes.
- Drain out the kamal kakdi and keep aside.
- In a pan add all the ingredients and saute for another 15 minutes stirring constantly until the lotus stems are tender and the gravy is creamy.
- Serve hot.