Delicious malai baigan are made by frying the brinjals and then covering them with a layer of malai (cream), paneer and onion.
1 large-sized brinjal
1 cup paneer (grated)
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 large-sized onion (chopped)
2 large-sized tomatoes
1 tbsp malai
2-3 green chillies
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp salt
oil for frying
- Cut brinjal into 1cm thick slices.
- Heat oil and fry them in a pan till golden brown.
- Fry the green chillies.
- Mix salt, chilli powder, chopped tomato, malai, paneer and onion together.
- Spread this mixture over the brinjal slices.
- Garnish with green chillies and wedges of tomato.
- Serve in flat serving dish.