Mango Relish Recipe
Enjoy the rich taste of mango relish recipe combined with ginger, clove, cinnamon and pepper flavor in vinegar. Learn how to make mango relish.
1 kg sour green mangoes
2 tsp chilli powder
3 tsp salt
1/2 kg sugar
2 cm ginger
2 pcs of cinnamon
1 tsp pepper corns
How to make Mango Relish:
- Slice the mangoes thinly and mix with salt, keep aside for two hours.
- Pour the vinegar in a bowl, stand it in a larger bowl of cold water.
- Place it on fire, bring to a boil and remove from fire.
- Crush ginger, cloves, cinnamon and pepper, and add them to the warm vinegar.
- Keep covered. Strain after two hours.
- Squeeze the salted mango gently and remove the excess water.
- Place the mango in a thick vessel (copper bottomed stainless steel).
- Add sugar and chilli powder.
- Cook till the sugar melts and becomes a thick syrup.
- Add the vinegar, remove from fire and fill in a clean dry bottle or jar.