Learn how to make masala kamal kakdi or bhien as it is locally know.
4 medium size Lotus Stems (Kamal Kakdi)
5 tsp Oil
1 cup Water
For The Masala:
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Salt
5 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Ginger powder
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Amchur (Dry Mango powder)
- Peel, wash and cut the kamal kakdi into 1 inch long piece.
- Mix all the masala ingredients in a bowl
- Now fill the holes of the lotus stems with this masala.
- If the pieces slightly damp it is better as the masala will cling to the pieces.
- In a pressure cooker heat some oil and put all the pieces
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Now add 1 cup of water and stir.
- Put the lid and let the kamal kakdi cook till done.
- If there is any water let it simmer and then garnish with chopped coriander.