Making yummy masala masoor dal is easy, just by cooking dal with fried paste of spices and onion. Learn how to make masala masoor dal for culinary delight.
1 teacup masoor (whole)
2 sliced onions
2 large chopped tomatoes
7 or 8 small whole onions
4 tblsp ghee
salt to taste
1 tblsp chopped coriander for decoration.
To Be Ground Into A Paste
8 cloves garlic
8 kashmiri chillies
2 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
35 mm (1 1/2″) piece ginger
How to make Masala Masoor dal:
- Wash the masoor, add 2 teacups of water, whole onions and cook in a pressure cooker.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the sliced onions for 3 minutes
- Add the paste and fry for 3 to 4 minutes
- Add the cooked masoor and salt
- After 5 minutes, add the tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Server hot, sprinkled with chopped coriander.