Matar Ki Kachori Recipe
Matar ki kachori or green peas kachori is made from fresh peas sauted with indian spices and then stuffed in flour dough and then deep fried. Learn how to make matar kachori.
300 gms fresh green peas (matar) , shelled and boiled
2 tblsp oil
1/2 tsp asafetida
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp red chili powder (lal mirch )
2 level tsp garam masala
salt to taste
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 cup mint leaves (pudina patta), crushed
1 tsp ginger, grated
fresh chopped coriander leaves
2 cup plain flour
3 tblsp oil
water for making a dough
How to make Matar Ki Kachori:
- First rub 3 tblsp oil in the plain flour very well
- Now make a soft dough by adding water into it and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tblsp oil in a wok and add the asafetida and cumin seeds.
- Add all the ground spices and then add the peas.
- Now you can add the ginger into it.
- You will now have to roast this mixture for 10-15 minutes or till the time oil gets separated.
- Once it is done, you can add the mint and coriander leaves.
- Set this mixture to cool.
- Now make equal balls of the previously kneaded dough.
- Roll each ball into a small puri and fill in a scoop of the peas mixture.
- Seal all the sides together and again shape it into a ball.
- Flatten these stuffed balls and deep fry first on medium heat till half done and then on
- Serve hot with green chutney and sonth