Medu Vada Recipe
Learn how to make medu vadai with grind urad dal and spices.
1 cup urad dhal
salt to taste
1/2 medium size onion
4 chopped green chillies
2 tsp rice flour
1 tsp whole pepper
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 inch chopped ginger
a bunch of curry leaves
oil to deep fry
How to make Medu Vada:
- Soak urad dhal in water for 20 minutes.
- Grind the soaked dhal into a fine paste.
- Don't add much water. It should be fairly dry.
- While grinding add salt.
- Add chopped onion, chopped green chillies, chopped ginger, pepper, cumin seeds, curry leaves and rice flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Make balls, flatten and make a hole in the centre of each vadai and deep fry in batches in hot oil.
- Serve crispy vadai with coconut chutney.