Moong Dal Burfi Recipe
Moong dal burfi is made by a mixture of chana dal. toor dal. moong dal and masoor dal cooked with onion and spices. Learn how to make moong dal burfi.
4 tblsp channa dal
4 tblsp toor dal
4 tblsp moong dal
4 tblsp masoor dal
1 tsp chilli powder
a pinch of turmeric powder
salt to taste
1 tsp cumin seeds
a pinch of asafoetida
2 tblsp ghee
1 or 2 onion
a pinch of garam masala
a few coriander leaves
How to make Moong Dal Burfi:
- Boil all the dals (Channa Dal, Toor Dal, Moong Dal and Masoor Dal) in a pressure cooker after adding pinch of turmeric.
- Heat some ghee in the kadai.
- Then add cumin seeds and pinch of asafoetida.
- Later add the finely chopped onions.
- After onions have become translucent, add the chopped tomatoes and allow it to cook for some time.
- Mash the boiled dal and pour it over the cooked onions and tomatoes.
- Add salt, chilli powder and garam masala( a pinch)
- Garnish with coriander leaves.