Moong Dhal Halwa Recipe
Ravishing Moong dal halwa is made by cooking ground moong dal with saffron milk and sugar syrup. Learn how to make moong dal halwa.
1 cup moong dal
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
a generous pinch of saffron
3/4 cup mawa (khoya)
1 cup ghee
How to make Moong Dhal Halwa:
- Soak washed moong dal for 6 to 8 hours.
- Grind it into coarse batter.
- Now prepare sugar syrup with one cup sugar and one and a half cup water.
- boil milk, add saffron to it and then mix mawa in crumbs.
- soak almonds in hot water for a few minutes and remove the skin and slice.
- In a thick bottomed pan heat oil and put groung moond dal. stir continuously till it turns brown. cook on low flame.
- Now, add sugar syrup and saffron milk.
- Mix them well be stirring it till the consistency is dropping.
- Add mawa and cook till its done.
- Garnish it with almonds