Mushroom curry is a spicy and is served with rice. It is prepared from onion, ginger, garlic paste and then stir fried with tomatoes and yogurt. A must try dish.
1 lb mushrooms (cut into halves)
2 sticks cinnamon
2 or 3 cloves
1 bay leaves
1 medium onion
1 medium chopped tomato
3 garlic flakes
1/2 inch ginger
1 tsp chilly powder
1 tsp corriander powder
salt to taste
4 tblsp oil
3 tblsp plain yoghurt
- Wash the mushrooms and cut into halves.
- Grind onion, ginger, garlic into a fine paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves and mushrooms.
- Fry for few minutes. Add tomatoes, fry for a minute.
- Add yoghurt, corriander powder, chilly powder and salt. Stir fry at this moment.
- Add ground masala to it. Bring to boil by adding one cup of water.
- Keep boiling till flavour comes out.
- Serve hot with plain rice.