Know how to make Indian mushroom kofta curry. Mushroom kofta curry is made by frying small balls of mushroom and potatoes and then serving them in the cashewnut, poppy seeds and garlic gravy.
3 cup fresh mushrooms
3 medium sized potatoes
1/2 inch piece of ginger
4 cloves of garlic
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
2 tsp cornflour
1/2 tsp ghee
Oil for deep frying
1/2 cup poppy seeds
1 cup cashews
8-9 cloves of garlic
1 tblsp ghee
Salt to taste
1 tsp white pepper powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tblsp fresh cream
How to make Mushroom Kofta Curry:
- Boil the potatoes and mash them well.
- Now heat butter in a pan and add finely chopped ginger garlic.
- To this add the chopped mushrooms and fry till they are golden in color.
- Mix the mushrooms and the fresh coriander with the mashed potatoes and add salt, pepper, cornflour and garam masala powder.
- Make small balls of this dough and deep fry.
- Keep aside these koftas on paper towels.
- For the curry
- Soak the cashews, garlic and poppy seeds together in water for half an hour.
- Now grind them to form a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a wok
- Add in the poppy seeds paste in it and saute.
- Add the salt, sugar and white pepper.
- Fry the paste very well till it leaves oil.
- Now add some water to form a thick gravy and beat in the fresh cream.
- Add the previously fried koftas and serve hot with naans or rotis