Mushroom Pulao Recipe
Here is the recipe of how to make mushroom pulao. Mushroom pilaf is made by cooking mushrooms, onions, dry fruits and whole spices together with rice and garnished with coriander.
2 cup Basmati rice
4 cup water for cooking
3 tbsp ghee
1 large onion, sliced
2 tbsp cashewnuts (kaju) halved
2 tbsp raisins (kishmish)
1 tbsp almonds (badam) slivered
1 inch piece of cinnamon (dalchini)
4 cloves (laung)
4 green cardomoms (hari ilaichi)
1/2 tsp shahjeera
2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Mushroom Pulao:
- First, wash and soak rice for ten minutes, drain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a deep pan, add shahjeera and let it splutter
- Add the whole spices like cinnamon, cardamoms and clove and let them splutter.
- Now add the sliced onions and fry till they are golden in color.
- To this add the mushrooms and fry till they lose their water and look a little crispy.
- You can now add all the dry fruits and roast them a little.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well
- Now put in the rice, mix well and add water.
- Cover the pan tightly and cook till rice is done.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, and sliced fried onions and serve immediately.