Here is the recipe of how to make mushroom pulao. Mushroom pilaf is made by cooking mushrooms, onions, dry fruits and whole spices together with rice and garnished with coriander.
2 cup Basmati rice
4 cup water for cooking
3 tbsp ghee
1 large onion, sliced
2 tbsp cashewnuts (kaju) halved
2 tbsp raisins (kishmish)
1 tbsp almonds (badam) slivered
1 inch piece of cinnamon (dalchini)
4 cloves (laung)
4 green cardomoms (hari ilaichi)
1/2 tsp shahjeera
2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
- First, wash and soak rice for ten minutes, drain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a deep pan, add shahjeera and let it splutter
- Add the whole spices like cinnamon, cardamoms and clove and let them splutter.
- Now add the sliced onions and fry till they are golden in color.
- To this add the mushrooms and fry till they lose their water and look a little crispy.
- You can now add all the dry fruits and roast them a little.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well
- Now put in the rice, mix well and add water.
- Cover the pan tightly and cook till rice is done.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, and sliced fried onions and serve immediately.