Mutton korma curry is very relishing delicacy which can be served with paratha or roti. It is always there in the non-veg section of the Indian menu.
120 gms ghee
2 large onions, sliced
1 /2 cup desiccated coconut
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 1/2 tblsp poppy seeds
1/4 tsp ground ginger
4 green chillies, chopped and seeds removed
3 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground cumin
500gms lean mutton, cut into 2 1 /2 cm cubes
2/3 cup (150ml) plain yoghurt
lemon juice to taste
1/4 cup chopped, fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the ghee and saute the onions until they are a crisp, golden brown. Remove onions and set ghee aside.
- Combine onions in a blender or food processor with coconut, garlic, poppy seeds, ginger, chilli, coriander, cinnamon, cloves and cumin, and blend until smooth.
- Add spice mixture to the reserved ghee. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add meat and yoghurt. Bring to the boil, simmer over low heat for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice and fresh coriander.