125 gms bengal gram flour
400 gms sugar
600 gms fat
5 gms cardamom
100 ml water
How to make Mysore Pak:
- Boil fat, remove and set aside.
- Prepare a syrup of three-string consistency with sugar and water.
- Roast gram flour in 50 gm fat for about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle water on the flour to test whether it has been roasted. If it has, it will splutter.
- Add sugar syrup to the gram flour and keep stirring on fire.
- Gradually add the remaining fat stirring continuously and vigorously till the fat starts floating on top of the mixture.
- Remove the mixture and pour it on to a tray.
- Garnish with crushed cardamoms and cut into diamond shapes.