Okra Poriyal Recipe
Okra or bhindi poriyal is made by cooking mango with jaggery and rice flour. Learn how to make sweet and sour okra poriyal.
1 mango (unripe)
1 cup (as you prefer) jaggery
1 tsp rice flour
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp urad dhal
salt to taste
2 dry red chilly
3 tsp vegetable oil
How to make Okra Poriyal:
- Peel and slice the mango into rectangular pieces.
- Boil mango pieces with a cup of water.
- Dissolve the jaggery powder with little water or soak whole jaggery in little water until it dissolves.
- Heat the oil in a pan add mustard seeds and urad dhal.
- When splutters break the red chilly into halves and add.
- Add cooked mango pieces, salt and jaggery liquid.
- Mix rice flour to very little water and add it to mango.
- This makes the dish more creamy.
- Keep boiling in medium for a 2 minutes.
- Serve this sour and sweet accompainment to any favourite main dish.