Relish this tantalizing indian palak paneer recipe or cottage cheese in spinach sauce as it is known in the western world.
Paneer – 200 g (cut into cubes)
Spinach – 1 kg
Onions – 2
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 5 cloves
Tomatoes – 3 (chopped)
Green chillies – 3 (chopped)
Brown cardamom – 2
Salt – to taste
Cooking oil – 3 tbsp
Fresh cream – 1/2 cup
- Deep fry the paneer cubes in oil till light golden brown and keep aside.
- Wash and chop the spinach. Pressure cook with ? cup of water for 10 minutes on low heat. Then cool and grind to a smooth paste.
- Grind the onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, green chillies and the cardamom seeds to make a puree.
- Heat the cooking oil, add the onion-tomato paste and cook for 6 minutes till the oil separates.
- Add the spinach paste, salt and little water – cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes and the cream.
- Cook on very low heat for two minutes till the paneer gets soft.
- Before serving you may add one tsp of red chilli powder if required.
- The Palak Paneer is now ready to serve with Indian Breads and Rice Dishes.