This is an easy to prepare paneer makhani recipe (Cottage Cheese In Cream) which is made of paneer, tomatoes, ginger and fresh cream.
Paneer – 250 g (in desired shapes)
Cooking oil – 4 tbsp
Tomatoes – 8 (pureed)
Ginger – 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
Bay leaf – 1
Brown cardamom – 2 (skinned and crushed)
Kasoori Methi (dry fenugreek leaves) – 2 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Garam masala – 1/2tsp
Fresh cream – 1/2 cup
- Heat the oil – add the tomato puree, ginger, bay leaves, crushed cardamom, kasoori methi and chilli powder, then cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, garam masala and cream.
- Add the paneer pieces.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- You may garnish with coriander leaves.
- The Paneer Makhni is now ready to serve with Indian Breads and Rice Dishes.