Papaya Ice Cream Recipe
Here is a easy recipe for homemade papaya ice cream. Learn how to maek papaya ice cream from papaya, milk and custard sauce.
1 medium sized papaya chopped
3/4 litre milk
1/2 cup cream
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
For custard sauce :
1/2 tin condensed milk
1/2 cup milk
2 tsps custard powder
2 egg yolks
25 gms butter
1 tsp essence
How to make Papaya Ice Cream:
- Chop up the papaya after removing the skin.
- Cook papaya for 5 minutes and mash.
- Add sugar and essence to the mashed papaya.
- Boil the milk
- Add this mixture to the milk and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from fire and cool.
- Blend cream well till fluffy and fold into the cooled mixture.
- Refrigerate till half set.
- Remove and whip the mixture again
- Refrigerate till firm.
- For custard sauce :
- Whisk egg yolks till creamy.
- Heat milk when it becomes hot add condensed milk and butter.
- When butter melts add egg yolks and keep stirring on low heat.
- Dissolve custard powder with a little water and mix well making sure there are no lumps.
- Add custard mixture to the milk and keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick
- When custard becomes thick add essence and remove. Chill till serving time.
- While serving put a scoop of papaya ice cream in a bowl, pour custard sauce over it and garnish with cherries.