Indian patta gobhi ki sabzi is very easy to prepare and is part of every day menu. Here is a simple recipe for how to make patta gobi ki sabzi.
450 gm cabbage (patta gobhi)
225 gm potatoes (aloo)
2 tblsp oil (tel)
1/2 tsp ground cummin (jeera)
1/2 tsp ground coriander (sokha dhania)
1/2 tsp turmeric (haldi)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1/2 tsp chilli powder (lal mirchi)
salt as per taste
- Peel the potatoes and after washing them chop them into pieces.
- Also cut the patta gobhi(cabbage) into thin long strips.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan and add cumin seeds, corainder, turmeric and hind to it.
- When the cumin seeds sputter add the chilli powder to it.
- Stir it for few seconds and then add the cabbage and the potatoes.
- Sprinkle 1 – 2 tblsp of water and the salt.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Cover the pan and let it cook till the potatoes are done.
- Open the pan often to stir the vegetable or it will stick to the bottom.
- When the vegetables are done, check the seasoning and serve hot with chapatis or roti.