Experience the classic taste of plaintain Podimas which uses lemon juice, urad dal and onions. Learn how to make plaintain podimas.
Salt to taste
3 green chilies( cut vertically)
1 medium sized chopped onion
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dhal
3 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Peel the plantains and cut them into large pieces and steam cook them. Set aside.
- In a non stick skillet, heat the oil.
- Add the mustard seeds, when it pops add urad dhal, chopped onion, green chilies and curry leaves.
- Saute until onions are golden.
- Grate the boiled plantains into a powdery form and saute over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until tender.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and lemon juice.
- Mix well and serve hot.