Plantain Bust Vadai Recipe
Plantain bust vadai recipe is made by frying balls of boiled plantain bust and other ingredients. Learn how to make plantain bust vadai.
1 plantain bust (vaazhai poo)
1/2 cup roasted gram (split peas dal)
2 pinch garam masala
1 finely cut onion
2 green chillies
10 cashew nut
oil for frying
salt to taste
How to make Plantain Bust Vadai:
- Clean the plantain bust and cut the long stem like ones into small pieces.
- Boil them in water for few minutes and also add some salt to it.
- Take it out from the water and squeeze out the excess water in it.
- Mash the boiled plantain bust.
- Cut the onion and g.chillies into small pieces.
- Heat the pan and add 2 tsp of oil to it.
- Add 2 pinches of garam masala then add the onion and green chillies.
- Fry them until raw smell goes.
- Add them to the mashed plantain bust.
- Grind the roasted gram to a fine powder.
- Add the powder to the above mixture.
- Add salt. Mix it well and make a dough.
- The mixture should be of vadai consistency.
- Make small balls of it and flatten it.
- Deep fry it till golden brown in low flame.
- Serve hot with sauce.