A potato and coconut delight, flavoured with vanilla, rose and almond essence.
250 gms potato
2 1/2 cups grated coconut
4 cups milk
3 cups sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp rose essence
1/2 tsp almond essence
2 tsp ghee
- Boil and mash the potatoes into a smooth paste.
- Grind the coconut coarsely.
- Mix mashed potatoes, milk, sugar and coconut in a vessel. Stir and cook till it thickens.
- Add ghee and essence. When the mixture can be rolled smoothly between fingers, spread it on a greased tray.
- When it cools, cut into pieces and serve the Potato Coconut Toffee hot.