Potato cutlet is made by mincing all the vegetables and boiled potatoes and then shaping them into round balls. This is the recipe of less oil potato cutlet.
2 medium sized potato
2 finely chopped carrot
10 finely chopped beans
1/2 cup peas
6 slices bread
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 medium sized onion
3 tsp oil
1/2 cup bread crumbs (rusk) powder
1/2 tsp. chilly powder
Salt to taste
- Cook all the vegetables and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in pan over moderate heat add finely chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, garam masala.
- Stir and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until aromatic and onions are softened.
- Smash the potatoes, followed by beans and carrots. Add peas, salt, chilly powder and onion with masala. Set aside.
- Soak the bread slice one by one in little water and squeeze well.
- Add this to vegetable mixture.
- Make small balls out of this and then flatten the balls.
- Now dust the cutlet with rusk powder.
- Place a frying pan over high heat, when the pan is very hot.
- Place few cutlets round on the pan and sprinkle 1 tsp of oil over it and turn it over.
- Fry all cutlets till it gets golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat the process until all cutlets are fried. Serve hot.