Prawn Curry Recipe
A very tasteful dish of prawns in a mouth watering traditional Indian style with an additional flavor of coconuts.
4 tblsp cooking oil
2 big onions finely chopped
2 big tomatoes
3 whole red kashmiri lal mirch
3 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 green chilies, chopped
2 cup coconut paste (made by grinding coconut in water)
Salt to taste
2 tsp dry fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
1 tsp red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder (dhania powder)
1 tsp garam masala pwder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
1/2 cup tamarind paste (made by dissolving a large ball of tamarind in water and passing through a sieve)
1 kg prawns- washed, shelled and deviened.
How to make Prawn Curry:
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add the ginger garlic paste, and fry for 1 minute.
- Now add the onions and fry till they are pink in color.
- First soak the whole red chilies in water for 15 minutes and then grind them into a smooth paste along with the tomatoes.
- Add this tomato chili paste to the frying onions.
- Sauté for sometime.
- Now add all the spices and the fenugreek leaves.
- Mix well and add the coconut paste.
- Sauté till the time oil leaves this mixture and starts floating over and around it.
- Now add the tamarind paste and mix well.
- Add water and let it boil.
- Put in the prawns, cover and boil till a thick gravy is formed and prawns are tender.
- Garnish the Prawn Curry with cream, chopped coriander and serve hot.