Discover how to make relishing prawn malabar curry which is prepared with curry leaves, spices and coconut cream. Curried Prawns with coconut milk goes very well with rice.
1 kg prawns, shelled and deviened
1 tblsp coconut oil
5 whole green cardamom pods(hari elaichi)
2 large cinnamon sticks
2 large onions, finely chopped
15 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp ginger paste
2 green chilies, finely chopped
2 ripe tomatoes, pureed
A bunch of curry leaves
2 tsp coriander powder (dhania powder)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder(haldi) 1 tsp red chili powder (lal mirch powder) 1 cup coconut milk
2 tblsp coconut cream
Salt to taste
How to make Prawn Malabar Curry:
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok and add the whole spices like cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
- Once they start spluttering, add the chopped onions and fry till they become golden in color.
- Now add the garlic, ginger paste, green chilies and curry leaves and fry some more.
- You can now put in the tomato puree and mix well.
- After 2 minutes, add in all the ground spices, salt and saute till you can see oil separating over the mixture.
- Add the prawns to the mixture and stir for two minutes.
- You should now put in the coconut milk and boil on low heat for five minutes.
- Stir in the coconut cream and serve hot the prawn malabar curry with rice.